<nav id="b1awg"></nav>
    1. <em id="b1awg"><tr id="b1awg"></tr></em>
    2. Skip to content

      About Orders

      Until January 1, 2020, the Supreme Court issued two types of orders (orders and administrative orders). Only administrative orders will be used beginning in 2020.

      Supreme Court administrative orders

      Kansas Supreme Court administrative orders communicate binding instruction about the operations or internal governance of Kansas courts and the judicial branch.  

      Beginning January 1, 2020, the Kansas Supreme Court will issue only administrative orders and it will change the numbering scheme for these orders. 

      New numbering scheme for administrative orders

      Beginning January 1, 2020, administrative orders will be numbered using the four-digit calendar year, a two-letter code, and the chronological number of the order. Example: 2020-CC-001.

      The two-letter codes and the categories they represent are:

      CC—court holidays, closures, or schedules
      CM—committee, commission, or task force formation or assignments
      FN—orders setting fees or charges coming in to the judicial branch
      GA—grants, awards, and designations going out of the judicial branch
      JA—judicial assignments, including chief judge appointments and date-specific docket assignments
      PR—personnel rules, internal appointments
      RL—rule or guideline adoption

      Supreme Court orders

      Effective January 1, 2020, the Kansas Supreme Court will no longer issue Supreme Court orders for administrative reasons. Previously, Supreme Court orders were used to:

      • adopt new and amended rules

      • make appointments to boards, committees, and commissions

      • establish dates of court sessions

      • appoint chief judges

      • make date-specific docket assignments

      These will now be done by Supreme Court administrative order using the numbering scheme described above.

      Supreme Court orders dated prior to January 1, 2020, remain in effect until superseded by a Supreme Court administrative order. 


      Find a District Court

      Back to top